Monday 19 September 2011

Uncut makes the cut

                                                                 source: style.com

Marques'Almeida is made of two brightly bleached things.  

Another level of coolness is exactly what ye's are all seeing. Marta Marques and Paulo Almeida experiemented with the enduring allure of denim, enhancing it's essence by leaving it raw and deconstructed and within an inch of its blue life, after attacking it liberally with buckets of bleach. I hope they wore industrial gloves. But what a success! The pictures above (taken from their LFW show at Fashion East)  are my three favourite looks. particularly the distressed white, sheer patched jumper of the second picture. Just excellent! I'm still reeling after having to miss what was supposed to be my first London Fashion Week...roll on February that's what I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment