Saturday 11 February 2012

I want, I want



Blouse from Zara: Buy here
Boots from La Redoute: Buy here

Stone grey...

...but ONE HUNDRED MILLION MILES away from being dull. I would very VERY much like both of these thank you very much. The scarf print shirt is really something spesh, I got EMOSH just even looking at it. I have recently fallen back in love with an ex lover of mine...La Redoute. FANTASTIC and virtually unused by most of the young girls I know. This seems a real shame considering their footwear is quality stuff and reasonably priced. But please don't get the boots above before me...or I'll have to kill you. No really.

So what's new guys???? I have started reading the Michael Collins biography by Tim Pat Coogan. For anyone who doesn't know (and I don't know quite who hasn't heard me drunkenly blabbing on about how he's related to me or in my normal wording, "his blood is running through my veins guys") he is my great grandfathers cousin. This biography is fascinating. My relative was brave, fearless and loved Ireland more than he loved himself. He was an original revolutionary and like most, died for the cause. He was asassinated in August 1922. His daddy new exactly what his young son would be and when our Mick was just 6 years old, his father said of him  "One day he'll be a great man. He'll do great work for Ireland" and so he did. Us Collins' are very lucky to have the name we do and hopefully some of his spirit was passed down to all of us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment